In This Article
- B2B Video Marketing Stats 2017
- 31 More B2C and B2B Video Stats [Infographic]
- A Video presenting 20 Video Marketing Statistics
- 23 More B2B Video Marketing Stats [Infographic]
- Bonus Infographic – Facebook Video Marketing Statistics for 2016
Video marketing stats are essential to defining your marketing strategy or justifying your investments in video in 2017.
If you’re looking for data to help you make decisions and back up your claims about video marketing this year, you’re in the right place.
Since video is now the second most popular content format, its role in marketing and advertising is only expected to get more prominent. Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are accelerating the role of video in our society by making it so accessible.
The video marketing stats are in, and it’s sufficient to say that video is on fire! when it comes to marketing.
Below is a growing list (we’ll add more over time) of evidence that video is one of the most important types of content for your marketing program.
Enjoy: 78 video marketing stats, 2017 edition.
B2B Video Marketing Stats 2017
Adoption of Video Marketing
- 57% of B2B marketers rate video as being very effective as a marketing tool, the second most popular content format (source).
- 46% of B2B technology buyers purchase products or services after viewing video content (source).
- B2B video accounts for a “very high” quantity of leads (23%) (source).
- 70% of marketers use online video (source).
- 65% of B2B marketers planned to increase their investment in online videos in 2015 (source).
- For 63% of B2B marketers, video spending is rising (source).
- 70% of B2B marketers plan to better leverage YouTube (source).
- More than 75% of fortune 500 executives are viewing online video (source).
- 92% of B2B marketers say videos are their most demand generation content (source).
- 48% of B2B buyers watch video on their smartphone (source).
- By 2019, 80% of all internet traffic will be video (source).
- Spending on mobile video has increased 18% since 2014 (source).
- Videos are viewed on Facebook over 8 billion times every day (source).
Effect of Watching
- More than 70% of B2B buyers view video product demos prior to making a purchase (source).
- 65% of senior executives have visited a vendor’s website after watching a video (source).
- Using a video on a B2B landing page can increase conversion by 80% (source).
- Facebook video posts have 135% more organic reach than photo posts (source).
- People spend 3X longer watching live video on Facebook than video that is no longer live (source).
31 More B2C and B2B Video Stats [Infographic]
These statistics on video marketing were pulled out from the infographic from Hyperfine Media that follows.
Conversion Rates Stats
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rate
- Including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year
- Combining video with full page ads boosts engagement by 22%
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online
- Real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product/service in a video
- 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video
Who Uses Video?
- 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube
- 65% of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for video
- 87% of online marketers use video content
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI
- 22% of U.S. small businesses plan to post a video in the next 12 months
- 90% of users say that product videos are helpful in the decision-making process
- 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video
- 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days
- 36% of online consumers trust video ads
- The average user is exposed to an average of 32.3 videos in a month
- By 2016, video ad spending will reach $5.4 Billion
- Video ads make up 35% of total online ad spending
- Most popular forms of online video content:
- 39% comedy
- 33% news
- 31% music
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139%
- 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text
- 5% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes
- The average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month
- 4 out of 5 users will click away if the video stalls while loading according to Google
- Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. television networks combined have create in 30 years
A Video presenting 20 Video Marketing Statistics
No pun intended.
23 More B2B Video Marketing Stats [Infographic]
Enjoy even more B2B video stats from this infographic from HighQ.com.
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- 78% of people watch videos online weekly
- 55% of people watch videos online daily
- In 2015, experts believed that video would take up 57% of consumer internet traffic, the equivalent of almost 4x as much as web browsing and email
- By 2017, this will have risen to 69%.
- By 2018, this will have risen to 79%.
- More than 80% of senior executives watch more online video today than they did a year ago.
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video
Use of Video by Marketers
- 69% of marketing, sales and business professionals have used video marketing. Another 31% are planning to
- 81% of people feature their video on their brand website
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, and communication
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year
- 52% of marketers believe that video marketing is effective for brand awareness, lead generation (45%), and online engagement (42%)
- 67% found video marketing “somewhat successful”
- 18% found video marketing “very successful”
ROI of Using Video Marketing
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%, CTR by 65% and reduces unsubscribes by 26%
- Sites that include video have on average an extra two-minute dwell time compared to sites that don’t
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
- The infographic these stats are from is large and we didn’t want to slow down the page loading time. Click here to see the infographic
Bonus Infographic – Facebook Video Marketing Statistics for 2016
These B2B video stats suggest that video marketing is raging. Marketers are using video on a number of channels and in a number of ways, all with positive effects on their ROIs. So, what’s stopping you from using video marketing on your next project?